On-demand presentation and Q&A plus supporting
Insights in PDF report: Available now
View report content Contact us for more info
The Insight Report - Sustainability in Flexible Packaging live event took place on 15th June 2021.
It included a 1-hour presentation plus Q&A session with industry expert Jonathan Fowle.
The presentation and Q&A session are now available on-demand.
What did our attendees have to say?
"We liked the open style of presentation, with the mix of experience and opinion; for us a very useful sanity check and one hour well spent" Steve Carey, Managing Director, Bobst
"This is certainly the way forward for manufacturers and converters alike. These types of occasions give us a chance to benchmark ourselves against the market and our competitors. A take away from this for us was that we are certainly at the forefront of this and our projects, innovations, commercialised products are ahead of others" Shaine Gill-Ohrt, Compliance Manager, Skymark Packaging International Ltd.
Make sustainability gains in flexible packaging conversion.
Flexible packaging converters recognise sustainability as a key development factor on their agenda. The major players try to reassure stakeholders by measuring and reporting on their efforts to reduce energy consumption, water usage, CO2 emissions and waste to landfill. Future recycling commitments are also prevalent.
Converters are continually increasing the number of converting activities they do themselves inhouse, such as metallisation and barrier coextrusion, which used to be a specialised film manufacturer sub-division. Lots of converters now undertake metallisation and are thus eating into the lunch of film manufacturers. There is a heightened focus on increasing hardware productive time, especially on printing presses. Reducing set up and down times have been facilitated by more user-friendly gravure and flexo presses.
Sustainability is a complex subject. While big converters have the resources to measure key parameters, unified Life Cycle Analysis approaches are still missing. A lot of commitments have been made about recycled content within the next few years, but these goals can only be achieved at an economic cost.
There is too little emphasis on the total supply chain in delivering sustainability messages, e.g where and how are raw materials used, how are they transformed and what is the final route to the customer.
Obtain an unparalleled review of packaging substrates and discover the technical initiatives where sustainability gains can be made in flexible packaging conversion.
The Sustainability in Flexible Packaging Insight Report will help you:
- Navigate the sustainability context and key drivers for pragmatic business actions
- Review technology and substrate innovations via a credible industry expert lens
- Access technical and market insights through our on-demand presentation, recorded Q&A session plus concise reference report
What’s included in our Sustainability in Flexible Packaging Insight Report?
- On-demand presentation and recorded Q&A session with industry expert Jonathan Fowle
- A focussed and concise PDF report for easy reference
- Price: €1,000
Contact us for more info
About The Expert
Jonathan Fowle is a leading expert in the flexible packaging industry, with more than 25 years at senior management level, including Group Innovation Director at Amcor. For the past 17 years, he has worked across the globe with several leading converters on strategic, operational and commercial issues.
Read the interview with Jonathan about trends in flexible packaging
Setting the Scene:
- Flexible packaging – global market size & growth trends
- Flexibles vs rigids
- War on plastic
- Legislative context
- Recycling status
Value chain activity:
- Converter developments and case studies
- OEM initiatives
- Review of materials used in flexible packaging
- The future of mono-material laminates
- Sustainable materials – sourcing, conversion, brand-owner and consumer perspectives, end of live scenarios
- Barrier options and sustainable barrier developments
- Potential sustainable flexible packaging solutions
Substrate analysis and insights:
- BOPP, BOPET and BOPE
- Other, including bio-resins, PVdC, EVOH
- High barrier processes
Geographical insights of:
- North America
- Central and South America
- Asia and Oceania
- Africa and Middle East
Contact us for more info