AMI is expanding its portfolio of international events for the global plastics industry and is seeking an experienced Conference Producer to research and create compelling event programmes to help continue our growth.
The Conference Producer role involves identifying key market trends, crafting focused agendas and securing high calibre speakers to attract large and influential global audiences. Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, be highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects and a keen, intellectually curious mind. The full-time role will involve some overseas travel.
The successful candidate will be part of our dynamic team of producers based in our Bristol city centre offices, working alongside our experienced conference organisers who handle event logistics. They will also receive support and guidance from our knowledgeable team of market consultants and magazine editors.
Founded in 1986, AMI is a leading provider of information, market intelligence, and events for the global plastics industry, with offices in the UK and USA. Our teams of consultants, researchers, writers, and event organisers include many of the most respected experts in their fields.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to identify market trends and enable the production of high quality conference programmes tailored to the needs of the industry.
- Identify and inviting expert speakers.
- Build a network of key industry professionals, inviting them to speak at the event and to advise on latest industry trends.
- Project manage the event, in conjunction with the conference organiser, to ensure that key deadlines and targets are met.
- Produce relevant content for conference literature and effective marketing campaigns.
- Occasional business trips to attend national and international events.
You will need:
- Strong track record of generating successful B2B conference programmes and securing high-level speakers.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi-task working on more than one project at a time and to tight deadlines.
- Good communication and telephone skills with an attention to detail.
- Fluency in English and one additional language (preferred).
- A keen and inquisitive mind able to gather, analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data to identify and forecast trends, strategies and competitive dynamics within the researched sector.
- It would be an advantage to have experience of working on events in a related market – e.g. manufacturing, chemicals, oil & gas, materials, science, engineering, product design, automotive, medical or packaging.
In return we will give you:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement plus ability to buy more
- Training & development opportunities
- High street discounts
- Discretionary bonus scheme