AMI is an events, research and information services company with headquarters in the heart of Bristol and offices in the US and China. We have recently embarked upon a programme of rapid expansion which means these are exciting times for the company! To help us grow, we need an articulate and motivated Conference Producer who loves a challenge.
We are specialists in the high-profile global plastics industry. As well as providing insight and intelligence sourced by our highly respected teams of consultants and researchers, we organise events in order to bring together the world’s experts to debate the issues and find a new way forward for plastics for both consumers and business.
The Conference Producer role involves identifying key market trends, crafting focused agendas and securing high calibre speakers to attract large and influential audiences to our B2B conferences hosted across Europe, the U.S. and Asia. Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, be highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects and a keen, intellectually curious mind. The full-time role will involve some overseas travel.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team of producers based in our Bristol city-centre offices, working alongside our experienced conference organisers. They will also receive support and guidance from our knowledgeable team of market consultants and magazine editors.
You will be expected to:
- Conduct primary and secondary research to identify market trends and create high-quality, commercially viable conference programmes tailored to the needs of the industry
- Identify, approach and confirm expert speakers
- Project manage the event, in conjunction with the conference organiser, to ensure that key deadlines and targets are met
- Produce relevant content for conference literature and effective marketing campaigns
- Generate new topic ideas and assess viability of conference topics
- Occasional business trips to attend national and international events
In order to thrive here you will need to be a self-starter with high motivation levels. Resilience and tenacity are also essential as they are key to helping us on our growth journey. You will need:
- Strong track record of generating successful B2B conference programmes and securing high-level speakers, with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong academic background
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi-task on multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A keen and inquisitive mind with excellent research and analytical skills
- Commercially minded
- Good team player
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Fluency in English is essential
- It would be an advantage to have experience of working on events in a related market – e.g. manufacturing, chemicals, oil & gas, materials, science, engineering, product design, automotive, medical or packaging
In return we will give you:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement plus ability to buy more
- Training & development opportunities
- High street discounts
- Discretionary bonus scheme
The successful candidate really could make a huge difference here, so if you think you have the required skills please follow the below instructions to apply.