Events Sales Manager
AMI is looking for an Events Sales Manager to lead both conference and exhibition sales teams. In addition to managing a combined team of eight, the sales manager will be challenged with developing targeted key account relationships and driving revenue growth with those accounts, specifically with sponsorship revenues.
The conference sales team sell sponsorship packages and delegate places for our multiple international conferences, and the exhibitions team are responsible for selling stands and sponsorship for our fast-growing exhibitions in Europe and America.
This is new position within AMI and will suit a self-starter looking to create a high performing sales team. The candidate will have strong sales process skills, proven management capabilities and a track record of demonstrable sales growth.
The Events Sales Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading both the sales teams to drive sales growth
- Delivering high standards of results using established sales disciplines and excellent team management
- Recruiting and coaching staff
- Setting and monitoring call and revenue targets
- Establishing and implementing effective commission structures
- Selling key projects and handling key clients
- Liaising with our marketing team to generate new business
- Ensuring effective use of the CRM system
- Working with the wider management team to set budgets and resourcing requirements
- Working with the finance team to deliver reliable forecasts
- Travelling to relevant events
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of successfully leading events sales teams
- A strong track record of growing sponsorship revenues
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Proven sales capabilities
- Commercial acumen with experience in managing and delivering budgets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to gain and sustain credibility with key stakeholders
- Language skills specifically German would be an advantage
This is a full time post based in our modern offices in Central Bristol and involves overseas travel to relevant events. Salary and bonuses reflect the importance of this role to deliver AMI’s strategic growth plans.