Events Sales Manager
AMI is looking for an Exhibition Sales Manager to lead the exhibition sales teams. In addition to managing the team, the sales manager will be challenged with developing targeted key account relationships and driving revenue growth with those accounts, particualrly with regards to sponsorship and exhibition stand space.
The exhibitions team are responsible for selling stands and sponsorship for our fast-growing exhibitions in Europe and America.
This is new position within AMI and will suit a self-starter looking to create a high performing sales team. The candidate will have strong sales process skills, proven management capabilities and a track record of demonstrable sales growth.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and develop the expo sales team to deliver consistent high performance and maximum revenue
- Ensure sales targets (personal, team and product) are met and exceeded
- Coach and mentor the sales team as required
- Develop and implement effective commission structures to ensure high levels of staff motivation and performance, plus retention of high achievers
- Ensure that the sales team use CRM effectively to record and plan their activities
- Set and monitor telephone call-rate targets
- Manage the rebook process at our events to maximise on-site sales
- Work with the marketing team to ensure we develop comprehensive target lists and deliver effective exprom campaigns
- Work alongside the finance team on forecasting revenues for events and provide on-going feedback on potential risks to budget projections
- Manage and allocate sales resources to maximise profitability of the expo business – who sells what and when
- Develop and deliver sales propositions and proposals, covering a growing range of global industry events
- Liaise with the operations team to ensure the smooth running of the exhibition during build-up, open days and breakdown
- Communicate with marketing and publishing teams to ensure that clients benefit from additional opportunities
- Liaise with production to ensure the smooth correlation of exhibitor contracts to floor plan
- Keep abreast of market developments, identifying and researching new growth areas for sales
- Attend industry functions and relevant exhibitions to increase sales and gain industry insights
- Conduct competitor analysis when required and maintain a good working knowledge of the market place, trends, opportunities and pricing
- Proven leadership skills, able to motivate and lead a team, with a real focus on delivering results and constantly driving improvements
- Proven sales skills with a track record of growing revenues, ideally in B2B exhibitions
- Commercially focussed with proven experience in managing and delivering budgets
- Solid negotiation, time management and organisational skills
- Understanding of KPI’s call metrics and delivering profitable accounts
- Self-motivator, a keen eye for detail and an assertive, confident approach
- Personable and approachable with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- IT literate ‐ Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Internet and Social Media.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation.
This is a full time post based in our modern offices in Central Bristol and involves overseas travel to relevant events. Salary and commission will reflect the importance of this role to deliver AMI’s strategic growth plans.