Working within our finance team, we’re looking for a finance manager to assist in leading our finance function to drive effective reporting, greater business intelligence and increased organisational efficiency.
This is a hands-on role to help push AMI further forwards as part of a high performing finance team with the desire to be best in class.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the financial reporting and management accounts preparation of the group.
- Ownership of the day-to-day transactions of the finance team, reviewing and implementing financial controls and improving process efficiency as required.
- Responsible for ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are carried out monthly.
- To provide as-required financial training, advice and analysis to budget holders where needed to improve the financial awareness, performance, and business MI within the organisation.
- To work closely with our Finance Business Partner in issuing regular reports to the business covering sales, costs and profitability. Meet budget holders to discuss performance and support development of budgets and forecasts.
- Develop, lead and support the Assistant Accountant and Financial Ledger Team Lead.
- Work closely with the finance team to help identify, review and develop existing and drive new internal finance processes - sharing oversight of the order-to-invoice and purchase-to-pay processes.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of our multiple VAT and sales tax returns with support from Assistant Accountant and Financial Controller where required.
- To support the Financial Controller and Director of Finance with the year-end closedown and audit working papers.
- To deputise for the Financial Controller as required.
- A collaborative team player yet have the ability to work on one’s own initiatives, with a positive and constructive can-do attitude towards new tasks and processes at hand.
- A completer-finisher with a high ability to prioritise workload, complete multiple tasks and work flexibly to meet tight deadlines and changeable priorities.
- Prior working experience within an SME finance team, with strong knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and effective financial reporting.
- Ability and experience of being able to lead and motivate others, to develop a team to their full potential.
- Degree holder.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA/CIPFA) with 1-3 years PQE.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and CRM desirable but not essential.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation.