AMI is an events, research and information services company with headquarters in the heart of Bristol and representation in the US and China. We have recently embarked upon a programme of rapid expansion which means these are exciting times for the company! To help us grow, we are seeking an expert in polymer technology who loves a challenge.
We are specialists in the high-profile global plastics industry. As well as providing insight and intelligence sourced by our highly respected teams of consultants and researchers, we organise events in order to bring together the world’s experts to debate the issues and find a new way forward for plastics, for both consumers and business.
The Plastics Technology Expert will research and compile programmes for a selection of conferences for the international plastics industry. The role involves identifying key trends and topics in a particular market, securing the best speakers in the industry, and creating market-leading events that attract large and influential audiences from around the world. Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, be highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects and a keen, intellectually curious, mind. The full-time role will involve some overseas travel.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team of producers based in our Bristol city-centre offices, working alongside our experienced conference organisers. They will also receive support and guidance from our knowledgeable team of market consultants and magazine editors.
You will be expected to:
- Conduct primary and secondary research to identify market trends and create high-quality, commercially viable conference programmes tailored to the needs of the industry
- Identify, approach and confirm expert speakers
- Project manage the event, in conjunction with the conference organiser, to ensure that key deadlines and targets are met
- Produce relevant content for conference literature and effective marketing campaigns
- Generate new topic ideas and assess viability of conference topics
- Occasional business trips to attend national and international events
Candidates should have a broad knowledge of plastics materials and processes. They will ideally have a degree in polymer science, polymer engineering, materials technology, chemical engineering, chemistry or a related subject. Applications are invited from recent graduates seeking their first job, as well as from graduates with industry experience.
In return we will give you:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement plus ability to buy more
- Training & development opportunities
- High street discounts
- Discretionary bonus scheme
The successful candidate really could make a huge difference here, so if you think you have the required skills please follow the instructions below to apply.