Sales managers for exhibition and conferences
AMI is looking for two senior sales managers to lead the sales teams for its international conferences and exhibitions.
The conferences sales manager will lead a team selling sponsorship packages and delegate places for AMI’s 60+ conferences per year, including established events and new launches.
The exhibitions sales manager will head up a team selling stands and sponsorship for our fast-growing exhibitions in Europe and America.
Both managers will be responsible for:
- Driving sales growth in their respective businesses
- Recruiting and coaching staff
- Setting and monitoring call and revenue targets
- Establishing and implementing effective commission structures
- Selling key projects and handling key clients
- Liaising with our marketing team to generate new business
- Ensure effective use of the CRM system
- Working with the wider management team to set budgets and resourcing requirements
- Work with the finance team to deliver reliable forecasts
- Travel to relevant events
The successful candidates will have:
- Experience of successfully leading events sales teams
- A strong track record of growing events revenues
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Proven sales capabilities
- Commercial acumen with experience in managing and delivering budgets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to gain and sustain credibility with key stakeholders
- Language skills specifically German would be an advantage
Both full-time posts are based in our modern offices in Central Bristol and involve overseas travel to relevant events. Salaries and bonuses reflect the importance of these roles to deliver AMI’s strategic growth plans.
Why choose us?
AMI is a fast-growing events and market intelligence company with headquarters in the heart of Bristol and an international product portfolio across Europe, North America, and Asia.
Over the last 30 years AMI has gained a reputation for its understanding of the global trends and innovations within plastics, polymer and materials science. We host over 65 events around the world bringing together the leading influencers within their industries. We also publish numerous market reports and studies.
Our business is all about connecting people and creating a conversation – whether it is at one of our conferences or exhibitions, or through our market researchers seeking to understand the opportunities or issues within an industry. Our people therefore are at the heart of everything we do and as such we are seeking enthusiastic and innovative communicators who will work with our customers to provide events and insight that stimulate great debate and conversation.
In return for what you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing business, with plenty of opportunities for growth as well as a competitive rewards package. We also have some great perks such as a wellbeing corner, free fruit, a fantastic modern office environment and a social committee who are committed to getting everyone together for monthly events such as pub quizzes, wine tasting, and theatre trips as well as our amazing company away days.
Are you an experienced Sales Manager who is looking for a new challenge? Click apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch. We can't wait to hear from you!