We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Sales Manager to join a growing sales team. If you are proactive, tenacious, and adaptable, then this is an exciting opportunity for you.
The successful candidate will develop new relationships and maximise existing ones for our conference’s portfolio. Through delegate sales, sponsorship, and exhibition stand sales, they will be expected to be on the phone, attending exhibitions and competitive events, and travelling to our own events to drive sales with prospects and clients.
As Sales Manager you would be responsible for:
- Creating new opportunities with existing customers and prospects from our established and comprehensive database
- Creating new opportunities with prospects from your own market research
- Working closely with the Marketing team to follow up on leads, converting them from opportunities to sales
- Liaising with our data teams to build target lists of potential customers and prospects
- Building relationships and maximise sales to drive revenue with existing customers
- Using initiative to prioritise leads and maximise lead to sales conversion rates
- Ensure a fast response rate to customer queries
- Working with colleagues, selling across our product portfolio to meet the needs of our customers
- Being the voice of the customer and helping the team develop new products.
To thrive here you will need to be a confident self-starter with high motivation levels and a track record of meeting and exceeding targets. As with all sales roles, being resilient and tenacious are essential character traits as we explore new areas of market interest. You will require a sound understanding of the sales process and experience of selling sponsorship packages. Experience of exhibition sales is an advantage. As you will be calling international customers daily, you will also need to be a clear and concise communicator with a passion for building relationships with new clients. Travelling internationally is expected. You will have a flexible, can-do attitude with a willingness and ability to adapt within the role.
- Competitive on target earnings (OTE) of £37,000, (£25,000 basic + up to £12,000 commission)
- Generous uncapped commission and incentive structure designed to reward outperformance
- Generous holiday entitlement, plus ability to buy more
- Pension with company matching up to 5%.
- Four times salary life assurance
- Ongoing training & development
- International travel to events around the world
Why choose us?
AMI is a fast-growing events and market intelligence company with headquarters in the heart of Bristol and an international product portfolio across Europe, North America, and Asia.
Over the last 30 years AMI has gained a reputation for its understanding of the global trends and innovations within plastics, polymer and materials science. We host over 65 events around the world bringing together the leading influencers within their industries. We also publish numerous market reports and studies.
Our business is all about connecting people and creating a conversation – whether it is at one of our conferences or exhibitions, or through our market researchers seeking to understand the opportunities or issues within an industry. Our people therefore are at the heart of everything we do and as such we are seeking enthusiastic and innovative communicators who will work with our customers to provide events and insight that stimulate great debate and conversation.
In return for what you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing business, with plenty of opportunities for growth as well as a competitive rewards package. We also have some great perks such as a wellbeing corner, free fruit, a fantastic modern office environment and a social committee who are committed to getting everyone together for monthly events such as pub quizzes, wine tasting, and theatre trips as well as our amazing company away days.
Are you an experienced Sales Manager who is looking for a new challenge? Click apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch! - we can't wait to hear from you!