Global Polymer Demand Data
What is Polymer Demand?
AMI’s Polymer Demand Data covers demand by country for both virgin and recycled polymers.
Historic, current, and forecast volumes are available for all thermoplastic polymers. Data is available by processing technology, sector, and specific end-use applications.
For over 35 years, we have stayed focused on our downstream plastics niche: our data is robust, our methodology has integrity and our expertise is unmatched.
Benefits to you?
- We help you to navigate the changing plastics industry landscape, gain insights into recyclate penetration and where it will take demand from virgin resin
- We analyse downstream market trends and our demand forecasts will help you align strategically
- We track plastics processing operations and our database will help you identify new customers and understand shifts in their industrial set-up
Why is our data different?
Our data is researched from both top-down and bottom-up methods and verified directly with the industry:
- Top-down: producer numbers, trade statistics, industry data, interviews with polymer producers and distributors
- Bottom-up: 5,000 interviews are carried out each year with plastics processors and OEMs to gather polymer demand data.
What's included in the data?
Polymer Demand is a dataset of polymer consumption and analyses the opportunities and challenges facing the global plastics industry.
Specifically, it presents tonnage data on the demand for 14 polymers at the country level and by 10 processing techniques and multiple end-use applications.
Tonnages broken down for both virgin and recycled resins.
Polymers: LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, PP, PVC, PS, EPS, ABS/SAN, PET, PBT, PA, PC, POM, PMMA.
Processes: Injection moulding, Blow moulding, Rotational moulding, Film extrusion, Sheet extrusion, Pipe extrusion, Profile extrusion, Fibre extrusion, Others
Application sectors: Agriculture, Automotive and transport, Building and Infrastructure, Consumer goods, Domestic appliances, Electrical and electronics, Flexible consumer packaging, Flexible industrial packaging, Furniture, Medical, Rigid consumer packaging, Rigid industrial packaging, Toys, and others.
Specific application breakdown is also available.
Data is available for each country within the following continents:
- Africa: East, West, North, South & Central
- Asia: Australasia, North-East Asia, South-East Asia
- Europe: Western, Central, Eurasian states
- Indian sub-continent
- Middle East: GCC, Non-GCC
- North America
- South & Central America
Database: Plastics Processors Worldwide
We track plastics processing operations and our database will help you identify new customers and understand shifts in their industrial set-up
Business contact information and operational data of over 22,500 plastic processing sites at country-level, including polymer usage, product and market focus, machine park and process technologies.
Dive into the data
If your strategic analysis requires a deeper dive into polyolefins, ask us about a more granular segmentation by individual grade, and an extended review of end-use applications.
We have developed our portfolio of PE and PP Markets and Processors Databases specifically with polymer suppliers in mind.
Fit our data to your market strategy
Tell us the geography and polymers you require, and we will provide the data your business needs