Date of publication: January 2019
Overview: AMI Consulting first reported on the European thermoplastic injection moulding industry in 2006 and subsequently in 2010 and 2015. Over this period the industry has faced considerable challenges, largely resulting from the globalization of its customers and competitors but also from the changing needs of the customers including demanding more from the technology and greater flexibility in the terms of supply. This new report assesses the scale and structure of the European thermoplastic injection moulding industry in 2018 and its prospects for 2023.
It provides you with extensive details of the industry in terms of:
- Its polymer demand by polymer type
- The markets served, including:
- Market value for injection moulded components
- By polymer demand and moulded value by country
- The largest end customers and moulders - including ownership, recent merger & acquisition activity
- Market regional issues & market defensibility
- The scale of the industry:
- The number of moulding companies and their ownership type (private, public, private equity)
- The number of moulding sites and machines operated by country
- The industry by country – largest markets and OEMs, largest moulders, prospects
- The key factors that define participants in the injection moulding industry
- The business models
- The services offered, and the skills required
- Other issues such as product costing, raw material costs
Who should buy this report?
This report is relevant to anyone engaged in, or considering engaging in, the injection moulding industry such as:
- Injection moulders
- Suppliers and producers of polymer resin, compound, additives
- Suppliers and producers of machinery, ancillary equipment, testing and quality control equipment
- OEMs and other purchasers of injection mouldings
The report intends to provide such a broad range of data and background information that it will be of interest and use to those making strategic business decisions through to new employees that wish to understand the industry they have joined.