The converted flexible packaging industry represents one of the most complex and dynamic sectors of the European packaging industry. Understanding the structure and size of its leading players and the implication of recent corporate changes is vital for anyone involved in this business.
This report helps business managers, strategists and investors understand the market position and activities of 50 of the largest flexible packaging converting groups in Europe. Detailed profiles of the flexible packaging converting operations of major groups such as Amcor, Mondi and Constantia are given, along with major regional and national players, including the leading companies in Russia and Turkey. Companies were selected on the basis of their estimated substrate usage (including plastic films, cellulose-based films, paper and aluminium foil) for their converting operations in Europe. For each group or company the following information is given:
- Corporate details: Head office address, telephone, fax numbers, e-mail and web site address.
- Ownership details: Name of the ultimate holding company or whether or not publicly or privately held.
- Contact: The name of the senior executive responsible for converted flexible packaging.
- Business overview: A review of the history, background and development of the company’s converted flexible packaging business, including recent acquisitions, divestments, investments or other significant business changes.
- Financial results: Four year results for the period 2008-2012 with estimates of the proportion of turnover in flexible packaging conversion in Europe.
- Converted flexible packaging operations: A complete listing of all plants operated, including name of the plant, its location, main activities and applications and estimated throughput for 2012.
- Non-European operations: This indicated where the company or group operates outside Europe.
- Other activities in packaging: An indication of the company’s involvement in any other forms of packaging.
In addition this report also provides an overview of the market for converted flexible packaging in Europe, including market trends and developments. A comprehensive introduction also analyses the top 50 groups by substrate usage.
The data is available as a download.