The top fifty PE film extrusion groups in Europe continue to account for around 60% of the European market. Over the last four years, a number of leading players such as RKW and POLIFILM have managed to siginficantly grow their business through investment and acquisitions.
AMI has identified the fifty leading players in Europe and reveals their latest business developments in the 10th editon of this report.
A detailed profile is given for companies such as RKW, POLIFILM, Grupo Armando Alvarez S.A. and British Polythene Industries. The report covers the leading manufacturers of carrier bags, heavy duty sacks, refuse sacks, shrink and stretch film, all types of packaging film, industrial and agricultural film. For each group or company the following information is given:
- Corporate details: Head office address, telephone, fax numbers, e-mail and web site address.
- Ownership details: Name of the ultimate holding company or whether or not publicly or privately held.
- Business overview: A review of the corporate strategy and development to date in polyethylene film extrusion, including recent acquisitions, divestments, investments or other significant business changes.
- Financial results: Five year results for the period 2010-2014 with estimates of the proportion of turnover in PE film extrusion in Europe.
- Polyethylene film operations: A complete listing of all plants operated in Europe with estimated polymer throughput for 2015.
- Non-European operations: This indicates where else in the world the group or company has polyethylene film operations.
- Group’s specialisation: An assessment of specialisations in polyethylene film and the main types of products produced.
- Other activities: An indication of the company’s involvement in other sectors of the plastics processing industry.
In addition this report also provides an overview of the market for polymers (LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, metallocenes) in film extrusion in Europe with an analysis of the market by end use applications. A comprehensive introduction also analyses the top 50 groups by polymer throughput.
This publication is available as downloadable pdf and can be on your desk today.